The NorESM telecons are aimed at discussing and exchanging science and technology among users and developers of NorESM. Additionally, these telecons provide a valuable forum where information of general interest related to NorESM can be shared. We aim for one or two short scientific presentations, and some sharing of general useful information in this 1 hour telecon. The scientific presentation can be about ongoing or new projects, new findings, new results, model development, diagnostics tools, bugs, … The topics are deliberately open-ended and inclusive and can be anything that you want to share or have feedback on, or you think are useful for other people to know. Don’t be afraid to present unfinished work – we hope to have constructive and lively discussions.
– 18th October, 2023: Steve Goldhaber (MET Norway) on NorESM workflow
– 8th November, 2023: Sabine Eckhardt (NILU) on Moisture transport and Arctic moisture in NorESM
– 29th November, 2023 Helene Muri (NTNU) on coupling engineering-based sector models with climate models
– 13th December,2023: Fangxing Tian (UiB) on high resolution NorESM2
– 17th January, 2024: Annica Eckman (SU) on TBA